Prime Vocational Institute (PVI) is a Private Training Institution registered by Ministry of Education & Sports Reg:no MoES/BTVET/203. PVI was established in 2012 to promote access to quality market-oriented vocational skills and gainful employment for the unemployed youth and women in Uganda. The Institute pays attention to holistic empowerment of the trainees through entrepreneurship skills, computer competences, life skills development and nurturing of talents. Our Vision is “to be a Centre of Excellence for competence-based vocational training and enterprise development in the Region.” Our Mission is:“toproduceholisticallyskilledtechniciansandentrepreneursforgainful employment and career advancement.”
Because PVI is a dynamic and innovative Institution with several partners and various projects, the person in this position must have the energy and commitment to lead in an entrepreneurial environment. The person must have the ability and be willing to fulfill multiple responsibilities.
Under the direction of the PVI Director and/or the Principal, the Communication Officer position will oversee the PVI communication strategy and activities. The selected Officer will be responsible for promoting and creating awareness on PVI programmes, activities, and results. The position is part time and flexible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Communications Officer’s key tasks and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Develop and implement PVI Communication Strategy inline with the approved Strategic Plan 2021 – 2025.
- Coordinate the development and production of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials (fliers, media supplements, project updates,
- Lead in the development of Newsletters, bulletin etc.) in liaison with the various PVI heads of department and management staff.
- Manage and update the website, social media channels and zoom meetings.
- Coordinate efforts to strengthen the relations with media practitioners to promote a positive image of PVI to enhance visibility of the activities, and access of the target population: and organize media events such as press conferences and talk shows.
- Assist in the preparation and review of various project documents.
- Conduct follow up of former students and periodically update the data base.
- In close coordination with the heads of departments and field staff, develop results and impact stories from PVI current and former students and partners in Education.
- Preparation of short analytical knowledge management reports on relevant themes to promote knowledge sharing among various departments and implementing teams.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in communication or related discipline with 2 years relevant experience or a Diploma in relevant discipline with at least 3 years relevant experience.
- Competency in the use of standard software like Microsoft Office, web-based applications and Social Media Platforms will be a major asset.
- Ability to communicate policies and procedures effectively and accurately.
- Knowledge of Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and market development would be an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Lusoga or Luganda.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft packages and electronic communication
- Team worker: you have the capability to foster and coordinate teamwork; and establish, harmonious working relationships in a multicultural environment.
- Self-developer/Innovator: you are willing to learn, share and acquire new competencies.
|Please email your application, a detailed CV and at least 3 Referees email@example.com. Application should be received by 16th June 2023.|